[Pw_forum] problem compiling espresso-3.2 in SGI origin machine

Axel Kohlmeyer akohlmey at cmm.chem.upenn.edu
Wed Jan 10 22:25:25 CET 2007

halim said wrote:
> Dear Axel,
>
> Thank you for your reply and for the advices that you gave me, I would
> like to say that I checked all what you said me,
> I checked Modules/make.depend
> contains the line:
>
> bfgs_module.o : basic_algebra_routines.o  and it exists
>
> But infortunately I don't have f95, I have just f90,  and the problem is
> still the same, I could not run with success the code, is there please
> other way in order to solve this problem,

the f95 suggestion was just a wild guess (it has worked for me on
an IBM AIX machine once).

for further debugging, i'd need access to such an SGI Origin
in order to narrow down the problem and ideally find a workaround
or a solution. to be frank, i don't think a machine like this
is worth the effort anymore.

one option you can try, is to install the g95 compiler from
http://ftp.g95.org, it is supposed to work with QE on x86-linux, but...

axel.