[Pw_forum] Setup problems with espresso-3.2

Amos Leffler amos at errno.com
Thu Feb 15 19:23:16 CET 2007

Dear Forum,
       About a week ago I asked for help in compiling espresso-3.2 on a
Dell work station using dual Intel Xeon processors and Davide Ceresoli
suggested that the ./configure command be modified to: "./configure
F77=g95 F90=g95.  This appeared to work since the "make all" command
completed apparently normally.
       I have now found some strange results testing the examples.
Examples 02, 03, 06, 07 and 09 do not  run normally.  In 06 amd 07 an
error message :
        "  ../examples/bin/q2r.x not existent or not executable".
The fie "q2r.x is not in that directory but is in "
../espresso-3.2/bin"  which I suspect is the correct location.
Similarly in example09 the file phcg.x gives a similar  error message.
I have not looked at all of the examples although some seem to run
properly.
       I tried to copy q2r.x to the examples/bin location but the
program didn't run because it was looking for another file.  Is it
possible to modify the run_example(s) files?

                              Amos Leffler