[Pw_forum] Setup problems with espresso-3.2 Attn. Prof. Giannozzi

Davide Ceresoli ceresoli at sissa.it
Fri Feb 9 09:59:29 CET 2007

Amos Leffler wrote:
> Dear Prof. Giannozzi,
Actually you can address your question to everyone in the list.
I think I'm able to answer your question.

>         When I used "make all"  the compilation used "g95" even though
> it was not mentioned.  It gave two errors as follows:
>
> bp_radin.f: undefined reference to `s_wsle'
> libpw.a(bp_radin.o)(.text+0x181):bp_radin.f: undefined reference to
> `do_lio'
> libpw.a(bp_radin.o)(.text+0x189):bp_radin.f: undefined reference to
> `e_wsle'

'do_lio' and 'e_wsle' belong to the runtime support library of g77,
not g95. Most likerly, on your system, g95 was detected and used only for
compiling f90 sources. g77 was used to compile bp_radin.f and bp_ylm_q.f
g77 and g95 cannot be used together because they rely on different
runtime support libraries.

The correct command line in your case must start with:
./configure F77=g95 F90=g95 etc...

Davide