[Pw_forum] Setup problems with espresso-3.2

Amos Leffler amos at errno.com
Tue Feb 6 20:04:42 CET 2007

Dear Forum,
         I have been having difficulty setting up espresso-3.2 using a
Dell workstation equipped with dual 800 MHz Xeon processors (ia32
arch.). The processors are being run as a single unit.  I have also
downloaded fortran g95.
       The following configuration command was used:
    ./configure MIF=g95 FFLAGS="-O2 -assume byterecl" as suggested on p.
11 of the users guide.  The config.log file is attached.

Looking through the configure file I note ifort is first noted at line
1472 for the ia32 architecture but there is no mention of g95 in the
list of fortrans.  g95 is mentioned on line 1464  but not in the $arch
below.  Should g95 be in the  $arch statement?   I am leery of monkeying
with the configure file because it  can be compared to a small "nuke"
        Any thoughts would be most appreciated.

      Amos Leffler