[Pw_forum] CuO, LDA+U, Pseudopots, etc.

Nicola Marzari marzari at MIT.EDU
Fri Dec 14 06:42:32 CET 2007

Dear Agostino,

if the calculation did converge to a local minimum, it means that the
system has more than one minimum, not that there is a convergence
problem (of course, the convergence strategy you choose will affect
the minimum in which you fall).

It would be very interesting to know more (when you have time) about
these minima - e.g. what were the projections of the minority spin
in the two cases.

Thanks !

			nicola