[Pw_forum] bands_FS.x and spin polarized metals

Paul M. Grant w2agz at pacbell.net
Thu Dec 13 19:41:47 CET 2007

Paolo, I'm sure I'm older than you!

You're absolutely right.  Abend was coined by the designers of the IBM 701.
Mean time to failure on the early prototypes of that machine was only about
three hours.

Paul M. Grant, PhD
Principal, W2AGZ Technologies
Visiting Scholar, Applied Physics, Stanford University
EPRI Science Fellow (Retired)
IBM Research Staff Member Emeritus
w2agz at pacbell.net
http://www.w2agz.com