[Pw_forum] A problem about plotrho

Guido Fratesi fratesi at mater.unimib.it
Tue Dec 11 12:30:53 CET 2007

Dear Lihui Ou,

maybe you already considered this, but running plotrho.x interactively may
help. Indeed, the detailed input of such program depends on a few
conditions, for example if there's negative charge you will not be asked
whether to use logarithmic scale.
Hope this helps.
Guido

On Tue, 11 Dec 2007, oulihui666 wrote:

> Dear pwscf users,
>   I have a question, quite naive. I tried to search the charge density of oxygen molecular, but I have to rely on your advice. as well as I know,the calculation procedes as follows:
> 1) make a self-consistent calculation (input=O2.scf.in)
> 2) run the postprocessing program pp.x (input=O2.pp_rho.in)
> 3) run plotrho.x program (input=O2.plotrho.in, output=O2.plotrho.out)in order to produce a postscript file: O2.rho.ps.
[...]

--
Guido Fratesi

Dipartimento di Scienza dei Materiali
Universita` degli Studi di Milano-Bicocca