[Pw_forum] BiFeO3 problem

fenghongjian fenghongjian at ss.buaa.edu.cn
Fri Aug 3 06:50:11 CEST 2007

Dear Ding,

      Thank you very much, I have always visualized the structure using xcrsyden, the structure seems to be right. But the pwscf always could not find the right symmetry group(namely R3C), I am afraid that the input position is not appropriate in some place, unfortunately I couldn't find it so far. You mean the coordinates should  subtract 1 from the original value when it's value exceed 1 in the crystal unit, that is to say the positon is displaced by one unit basis vector. So the same reason the 1.038 is equal to 0.038 in the crystal scheme. Am I right?

    Best regards

Hongkien Feng
Physics department,
Beijing university of