[Pw_forum] optimize the amorphour structure

Jean-Yves Raty jyraty at ulg.ac.be
Wed Apr 25 10:25:33 CEST 2007

Hello,

To my opinion, if you did not perform a constant-pressure quench of your
liquid phase, it is necessary to relax the cell parameters of your ‘frozen
liquid’ and the ionic positions. This is because usually the amorphous does
not have the same density as the liquid. Now as you know, there is no
guarantee the your frozen liquid will actually give you a reasonable model
for the amorphous state, as the time scale for your quench is several orders
of magnitude too short in comparison with a ‘real quench’.

Good luck

JY

Jean-Yves Raty

FNRS - Université de Liège               Tel   +32 4 3663747

Condensed Matter Physics B5         Fax   +32 4 3662990

4000 Sart-Tilman                              Belgium