[Pw_forum] PWscf vs. CP

Nicola Marzari marzari at MIT.EDU
Thu Apr 19 02:50:54 CEST 2007

Dear Peter,

results should be very close or almost identical.

1) make sure units are right - I'm pretty sure PWscf is Ry/bohr, and
CP should be Ha/bohr (i.e. a factor of 2).

2) make sure you are very well converged. You could even try the
conjugate gradient minimization on CP (but for this you might want to
download the latest CVS version)

3) there is a bug

				nicola