[Pw_forum] Re: how to get Interatomic force constants

Paolo Giannozzi giannozz at nest.sns.it
Wed Sep 6 12:48:43 CEST 2006

On Wednesday 06 September 2006 11:09, ruizhi zhang wrote:

> [...] I do not know how to get IFC's from the results.
> The README in example06 says the IFC's is contained
> in the file named  alas444.fc .
> But there are only three matrix. i.e. [...]

the matrix elements of the IFC are written after these matrices
(respectively the dielectric tensor and the effective charges).
The format is for internal usage of the code matdyn.x, may
change at any time, is undocumented and will ever be, unless
somebody volunteers to document it
--
Paolo Giannozzi             Phone:   +39/050-509876
DEMOCRITOS and SNS          Fax:     +39/050-563513