[Pw_forum] Re: Pw_forum digest, Vol 1 #1208 - 1 msg

Amit Kumar amit76.india at gmail.com
Mon Oct 30 08:29:10 CET 2006

  >Why the manual is not as clear as ABINIT in PWSCF????

    because we made the choice to make the code better than the manual,
rather the
the other way around ;-)

  Respected Users,

  but not the best !!!!! It would be better if the manual and the code -
both are
  equally  good.
  Writing a good manual is not as difficult as  writing  a beutiful code.
  I think any project asistant can do it.
  I don't know why in Example directory there are so many simple example
programs
  (
  Al , Ni, Cu, C,
  Si, etc. etc.)???????? It would be better if there is some simple examples
and at
  least one example of
  some complex material of some difficult structure (i.e. non cubic say
monoclinic
  structure).
  You know there are so many tutorial on how to handle simple cubic system.
  But no (as far as I know) tutorial on how to construct a supercell for a
monoclin
  ic structure?????
  I think my question is not a stupid one. Because I have checked almost all
the
  letters of the PWFORUM
   and almost half of them are just trivial one (like What's the difference
between
   alat and bohr??? Is it posiible to include
   spin in PWSCF????  How to calculate electron phonon coupling using
PWSCF????? All
   are very very trivial
    questions.). What do you people think???????
    If you think that PWFORUM is only for experts then you can creat another
forum PW
   FORUM_for_novice.
  Because it's very difficult to find out useful informations in the sea of
trivial questions.
  I really want to learn how to handle the complicated structures in
pwscf????
  More specifically, construct a supercell for non-cubic structures  to
introduce  A type , G type  and  C type
  antiferromagnetism in the system.
  Please don't tell me to ask the Superviser or colleague.
  Because most of the colleagues just use all the input files given by
their Supervisers blindly.
  That's why for a new structure again they have to look for their Guide.
  I prefer to learn the stuffs myself deriving them, reading books ,
searching nets etc. etc.
  I think it would be better if  some experts  give some useful hints for
difficult problems instead of
  giving 1000 simple examples  (spoon feeding!!!!!!!!!!).   What do you
think??????
  I'll be  highly obliged if you kindly give me some useful references for
supercell construction.

  By the way, many many thanks for all who gave me a long reply and
informations about references on the
  web.

  With best regards,
  Amit