[Fwd: Re: [Pw_forum] born effective charges]

Vivek Ranjan vranjan at ncsu.edu
Thu Oct 12 19:16:37 CEST 2006

thats exactly what i felt. the programme does not print anything after it
prints the dielectric constant. then i figured out from the forum that
some ppl found their programme crash if npool > 1. so, i also set npool to
1 and then one of the calculations went beyond the calculation of
dielectric constant, but the other still has the problem (i have two
slightly different systems). so, i am still in the process of
understanding what could be done. presently, i feel its not a restart
problem.it is some problem with the calculation itself, and the programme
does not print anything, it stays there without doing anything till the
allocated time is over.

thanks,
vivek

web : http://www.geocities.com/vivekranjanweb
Vivek Ranjan                             Email : vranjan at chips.ncsu.edu
Center for High Performance Simulation         : vranjan at ncsu.edu
Department of Physics
NC State University                      Phone : +1-919-513-0613 (Office)
Campus Box 7518                          Fax   : +1-919-513-4804
Raleigh, NC 27695