[Pw_forum] Pseudopotential with semicore states

Stefano de Gironcoli degironc at sissa.it
Mon Oct 9 11:11:12 CEST 2006

Paolo or some other may correct me but this is how I think it is.

In order to generate the screened pseudopotential the KS equation must be
inverted (for ONE pseudowavefunction per channel) and this is done using
the semicore states that are nodeless.
In order to unscreen the potential one need the pseudocharge that is
computed from all occupied states (both semicore and valence states).

Stefano de Gironcoli