[Pw_forum] Configure and Compile problems on Solaris 10

Stan Toporek stant at nc.rr.com
Tue Oct 3 16:38:01 CEST 2006

All,

I searched the forum for an answer to this problem but I can up with nothing. I
am using Sun's compilers (SunStudio 11) on Solaris 10. When I run configure I
get the following problems:

checking dependencies...
fft_scalar.o : @MKL_DFT_TYPE@
WARNING: dependencies not found in directory Modules
directory clib : ok
symrho_mag.o : @CHAR@
WARNING: dependencies not found in directory PW

but configure reported success. Now I try to compile the mods and get:

f90 -fast -O1 -nodepend -xvector=no -xchip=ultra3 -xarch=v8plusb
-xlic_lib=sunperf -D__SUN -I../include -M. -M../Modules -M../PW -M../PH
-M../iotk/src -M../CPV -c fft_base.F90 -o fft_base.o
make: Fatal error: Don't know how to make target `@MKL_DFT_TYPE@'
Current working directory /home/stan/download/espresso-3.1.1/Modules
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `mods'

I thought the sunperf library was all I needed to build espresso. Am I missing
something or is this a bug?

Thanks,

Stan

--
Stan Toporek,MS
Martin Group

"The visible world is the invisible organization of Energy" --Physicist Heinz
Pagels

There are only 10 types of people in the world - those who understand binary,
and those who don't.