[Pw_forum] 2nd Annual CNF Fall Workshop "Building Nanostructures Bit by Bit"

stewart at cnf.cornell.edu stewart at cnf.cornell.edu
Mon Oct 2 23:02:10 CEST 2006

Dear Quantum Espresso users,

I am happy to announce the 2nd Annual Cornell Nanoscale Facility Fall
Workshop, “Modeling Nanostructures Bit by Bit”.  This three-day workshop
will provide morning lectures on the theory behind approaches followed by
hands-on sessions where participants get to work directly with the codes.
This year, Dr. Nicola Marzari (MIT) and Dr. Axel Kohlmeyer (University of
Pennsylvania) who contribute often to this board will be serving as invited
speakers to discuss PWscf and also Carr-Parrinello molecular dynamics.  In
addition, we will have sessions on real space density functional approaches,
classical molecular dynamics, nanophotonics, and microfluidics.  To find out
more, please visit:

http://www.cnf.cornell.edu/cnf_fallworkshop2006.html

The workshop runs from Oct. 23-25th.  The registration deadline is Oct. 11th
and the number of  participants is limited, so please register early.
Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.  I hope to
see many of you at Cornell this fall!

Best regards,

Derek

**This workshop is made possible by funding through the National
Nanotechnology Infrastructure Network (http://www.nnin.org) and the National
Science Foundation.**

Derek Stewart, Ph. D.
Scientific Computation Associate