[Pw_forum] Comparison of 3.1.1 and 3.2 (cvs)

degironc degironc at sissa.it
Fri Nov 24 09:39:13 CET 2006

Dear Huiqun Zhou,
    a couple of changes have been made in the mixing routine (mainly to
reduce its
huge memory requirement in certain cases) from 3.1.1 to 3.2. These might
be the
reason for  the different behaviors.
    Could you please post your input so that we can try to fgure out
what happened ?
    Since every realization of an algorithm is the result of a
compromise between speed,
memory use, work required to implement it, etc and since every
compromise will likely
be more or less good depending on the particular application considered,
a comparison for
different "typical" cases would also be useful in order to assess the
"average" performance
(or loss of it) from 3.1.1 to 3.2
    Thank you,
         stefano