[Pw_forum] Charged system relaxation

degironc degironc at sissa.it
Mon Nov 13 08:58:06 CET 2006

Dear Joydeep,
nelec is indeed the right variable to set if you want a charged system.
It should be set to the total number of electrons of the charged system.
nbnd should be chosen large enough that (taking into account possible
magnetization of the system)  all electrons can be accomodated in the
computed bands.
If you run pw.x with verbosity='high' when convergence is reached it
should write the bands energies and their occupations... It should be
easy to verify if the results is what you expect.
stefano