[Pw_forum] Is it possible to convert the file format between 32 and 64 system?

Andrea Ferretti ferretti.andrea at unimore.it
Fri May 26 11:40:01 CEST 2006

if you are using espresso 3.1 it should be possible.
basically, the default internal format is now based on the "iotk" library,
which provides some tools for converting iotk binary formatted files to
iotk textual files (XML compliant)...

so, in principle (but also in practise), you can convert your 64-bit
binary files to txt, gzip them, move to a different machine and reconvert
them to a different binary fmt (this finally ensures a better IO
performance)...

during the conversion from bin to txt, you need some disk workspace
(data txt files are roughly 3 times larger than their related binaries)

the tool to convert files is
$ESPRESSO_HOME/iotk/src/iotk_copy.x

just type   make iotk_copy.x (or make all)   in $ESPRESSO_HOME/iotk/
to compile it
then run the iotk_copy.x utility and follow the instructions (give the
name fo the file to be converted, the new file name, the format of the
output file (textual in your case), -1 (to convert all the file and not
to skip large data tags) )

hope it helps
andrea