[Pw_forum] pools and neb

Paolo Giannozzi giannozz at nest.sns.it
Tue May 9 19:06:23 CEST 2006

On Tuesday 09 May 2006 18:11, Antonio Suriano wrote:

> Sometimes in the end of the THIRD scf calculation (in my case
> the fifth image)  before calculating forces.
> It just waits for something and does nothing.
> It does not stop or crash. Simply waits and runs doing nothing.

it is waiting another processor, or group of processors. Typically
this happens because one processor or groups of processors has
either crashed or gone in a different direction wrt to the others.
It helps if you let all processors print to file, flushing the output
as frequently as you can (otherwise the interesting part will stay
in the buffer)

Paolo
Paolo Giannozzi             e-mail:  giannozz at nest.sns.it