[Pw_forum] MPI detection by configure

Eyvaz Isaev eyvaz_isaev at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 16 22:14:28 CET 2006

Hi Sergei,

If parallel environment is not detected by configure,
it might be that you have some installation problem
with LAM-MPI. Nevertheless, if you are sure that your
LAM configuration is correct (say, mpif77 command
works), then try

./configure.old beo-ifc

and then add -D__LAM to CPPFLAGS (Thanks Nikola and
Sahu). IFC v.8.1  and  precompiled (and properly
installed) LAM/MPI software  are required.

As concerns the second part of your question, try
specify the full path for compilers. If you install
precompiled LAM/MPI  from RPM-file, there will be no
problem with placing.

Bests,
Eyvaz.