[Pw_forum] Neutrons, Xrays, and Phonons, Oh, My!

Paolo Giannozzi giannozz at nest.sns.it
Wed Jun 28 11:34:15 CEST 2006

On Wednesday 28 June 2006 09:42, Eric Abel wrote:

> I recently made a rather lengthy cry for help on the phonon
> eigendisplacements, which fell, it seems, on deaf ears.

my ears are deaf to such questions because the ratio between
"effort required to answer" versus "information provided" is
unfavourable. All you need is to know whether what is printed
or calculated is the eigenvector of the dynamical matrix or the
eigendisplacements. This piece of information is usually written
inside the various codes that write/calculate/process the
dynamical matrix.

> Has anyone successfully calculated the Neutron/Xray scattering
> cross-section based on the results of ph.x, matdyn.x, or dynmat.x?

IR and Raman cross sections are calculated by dynmat.x

Paolo
Paolo Giannozzi             e-mail:  giannozz at nest.sns.it