[Pw_forum] k point selection

Luke Thulin lukethulin at netscape.net
Wed Jun 14 02:30:13 CEST 2006

Eyvaz and Stefano,

Thank you very much for the instruction on k point sampling,  I'll look
into getting a copy of the Monkhorst Pack paper.  One more quick issue:
To save on computation time, does the automatic k point sampling for the
scf calculation determine by itself which points comprise the
irriducible brillouin zone?  Or is it at least general practice to reuse
the scf calculation results among different nscf calculations along
different k paths?  Sorry if this question has been asked, but I seem to
be incompentent when it comes to searching the archives.

Thanks,
Luke