[Pw_forum] Fwd: help

Paolo Giannozzi giannozz at nest.sns.it
Fri Jun 9 17:28:45 CEST 2006

Subject: help
Date: Friday 09 June 2006 16:52
From: Hüseyin Murat TÜTÜNCÜ <tutuncu at sakarya.edu.tr>
To: pw_forum-admin at pwscf.org

Dear pwscf group coordinator

I have been  running the code successfuly, but  have a small technical
problem and would be grateful for your advice.

In our  computer system,  different nodes have  their own  local disks
(with scratch partition), and a rather slow communication link between
master and slave nodes.  The present version of the pwscf code assigns
a  single scrtach  file space  (presumably at  the master  node). This
really slows my  calculations, as well as virtually  stops other users
from using the machine.

I would  be grateful  if you  could help me  (i) identify  scratch and
re-start data files,  and (ii) advise me how  to utilize scratch disks
on local (i.e. slave) nodes instead of using one scratch file space on
the master node.

Thank you very much for your help.

Bu e-posta, SAÜ CAWIS WebMail aracılığıyla gönderilmiştir :
 http://www.mail.sakarya.edu.tr/ Sakarya Üniversitesi ile ilgili bilgi, haber
 ve duyurular için : http://www.sakarya.edu.tr/

Paolo Giannozzi             e-mail:  giannozz at nest.sns.it