[Pw_forum] Where to find old format pseudopotential files?

Paolo Giannozzi giannozz at nest.sns.it
Wed Jul 26 08:31:53 CEST 2006

On Tuesday 25 July 2006 18:59, José Rui Faustino de Sousa wrote:

> >  For the core correction:
> >   rho_core(r) = (a_nlcc + b_nlcc*r^2) exp ( -alpha_nlcc*r^2)
>
> Do you know any citation to that formula?

there is nothing to cite: it is a simple formula that does a lousy
fit of the tail of the core charge. As the chemists say, "you can fit
any function with three gaussians", but one is not enough. I don't
recommand using it.

> And, by the way, for the scheme to construct the radial logarithmic grid?

as above: there is nothing to cite. The radial logarithmic grid that doesn't
start from r=0 makes no sense, but it has always been there and the
atomic code is based on it, so it is not even simple to get rid of it. Its
usage for pseudopotentials makes even less sense but it is simpler
to use the same grid for the atom and for the pseudoatom.

Paolo
Paolo Giannozzi             e-mail:  giannozz at nest.sns.it