[Pw_forum] Re: q not allowed (Katalin Gaal-Nagy)

Katalin Gaal-Nagy katalin.gaal-nagy at physik.uni-regensburg.de
Tue Jul 18 10:47:48 CEST 2006

Dear Eyvaz,

thanks for the reply.

I know that it was explained before, and I generated the q points exactly
in that way: Running pw.x for some minutes (the q points have the correct
units, etc, thanks Cesar for the hint!), take the q points and put them
to the phonon calculation. It worked well with the 4x4x4 mesh.
For the 4x4x8 mesh I did the same, compared the two grids and calculated
just the q points which have been missing. And there the error appeared
for some (not all) of the new q points.

For curiosity, I just removed the not-allowed q points from the files, but
then there are some q points missing. At the moment I guess that due to
some symmetry operation some signs of the q points are changed, or,
translated to other IBZs, whatever, and I want to look through the q2r
routine and print out the "reference" q points and compare them with the q
points I have in the files with the dynamical matrices. Then I will see
what is going on. (I still use the "old" version of the q2r).

Unfortunatly, I am not at the office for one week, but I will give a short
report as soon as I have some news.

All the best,
Katalin