[Pw_forum] Problems with PH.X in QE-31

Paolo Giannozzi giannozz at nest.sns.it
Wed Jul 12 17:08:33 CEST 2006

On Tuesday 11 July 2006 04:29, Sigifredo Sanchez-Carrera wrote:

> I compiled espresso-3.1 using an intel fortran compiler (IFC) on a
> machine that has intel xeon processors. I had no problem with pw.x
> using MPI for parallel use, but whe I try to use the ph.x program
> after a few seconds the following error message appears:

> Timeout alarm signaled

it looks like  a compiler problem or a problem with MPI libraries
or the interactions of the two. Your system administrator might be
able to understand where the code stops and why. You might try
a different compiler version and/or different MPI libraries

Paolo
--
Paolo Giannozzi             Phone:   +39/050-509876
DEMOCRITOS and SNS          Fax:     +39/050-563513