[Pw_forum] Problem with BFGS

carlo sbraccia sbraccia at sissa.it
Fri Jul 7 18:43:50 CEST 2006

Hi,

the problem is not the error message itself (BFGS stops because the
trust_radius is getting too small), but the fact that the algorithm
cannot find the way to the minimum. It seems like energy and forces are
non fully consistent.

Did you try a standard collinear calculation without spin-orbit ? Can
you provide the pseudos ?

carlo

can you add the files with the pseudos