[Pw_forum] FWD:PGI Compiler problem while configuring Espresso-3.1

lan haiping lanhaiping at gmail.com
Wed Jul 5 18:56:01 CEST 2006

Dear Hai-Ping Lan:

  I found your email while searching through the PWscf list; and actually, I
have
exactly the same problem as the one that you reported on Thu, 16 Feb 2006
under
the title of "Compiling problem about PGI". And I would like to know if you
were
able to succeed with the installation, and if so, how you did it? Did you
receive any helpful insight from the PWscf list? I could not find any
to your question/problem.

Thanks,
Sigifredo Sanchez-Carrera

After, I ran the configure script it reads as follows:
===============
The following libraries have been found:
  BLAS_LIBS= -lblas
  LAPACK_LIBS= -llapack
  FFT_LIBS= -lfftw
Please check if that is correct.

If any libraries are missing, you may specify a list of directories
to search and retry, as follows:
  ./configure LIBDIRS="list of directories, separated by spaces"

Parallel environment detected successfully.
Configured for compilation of parallel executables.
===============

But, when I try to run the “make all?command, I found the following error
message:
===============
PGF90-S-0034-Syntax error at or near identifier iotk_str_clean
(iotk_str_interf.F90: 346)
PGF90-S-0310-Missing ENDINTERFACE statement  (iotk_str_interf.F90: 348)
  0 inform,   0 warnings,   2 severes, 0 fatal for iotk_str_interf
make[2]: *** [iotk_str_interf.o] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/bredasfs/home2/sigi/QE-31/espresso-3.1
/iotk/src'
make[1]: *** [libiotk.a] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/bredasfs/home2/sigi/QE-31/espresso-3.1/iotk'
make: *** [libiotk] Error 2