[Pw_forum] Re: convergence NOT achieved, stopping

You Lin ylin at shell.cas.usf.edu
Thu Jan 26 19:46:34 CET 2006

Thanks Derek and Eyvaz for the reply. However, I've already tried some of
the suggestions before.
There may be only two more things I can try:

One is mixing_mode='local-TF' with mixing_beta=0.1

The other is increase the thickness of metal layer though I already have 7
layers(10angstrom) in the system.

I'll tell you my result.

>Hi,
>
>--- You Lin <ylin at shell.cas.usf.edu> wrote:
>
>> smearing='methfessel-paxton', degauss=0.0002
>degauss - as already replied by Stewart.

I tried degauss=0.02 before.

>>     conv_thr = 1.0e-2,
>This one looks not a good choice. Decrease at least
>down to 1e-6 (and test with lower threshold).

I know this is not a good choice, I set it this just to see if it can
actually converge at this threshold.

>>     mixing_beta = 0.7
>Try 0.1 and combine it with
>mixing_mode='local-TF'