[Pw_forum] CVS and PAW

Axel Kohlmeyer akohlmey at vitae.cmm.upenn.edu
Tue Jan 17 16:26:23 CET 2006

On Tue, 17 Jan 2006, Yonas Abraham wrote:

yonas,

please note, that cvs2cl.pl by default creates
a changelog for _all_ branches. the change you
are referring to is on the develop_PAW branch.
just do a 'cvs status -v PW/electrons.f90'
to see all branches. usually it is recommended
to run ./cvs2cl.pl -b

see the cvs documentation on how to update your
checkout to a different branch and how to go back.

since this is most likely even more experimental
than the regular q-espresso cvs, i would, however,
_strongly_ recommend, you first get into contact
with the PAW developer(s) before you even try it out.
i know nothing about this specific branch, but usually
developers create these kind of branches, when they they
have to change some internal structures that affect many
parts of the code, so that there are high chances, that
for a while _nothing_ might work...

regards,
    axel.