[Pw_forum] execution error

Paolo Giannozzi giannozz at nest.sns.it
Thu Jan 12 16:44:37 CET 2006

On Thursday 12 January 2006 16:17, Aritz Leonardo wrote:

> I am 99% sure that it is an error of the cluster configuration but in
> order to fix it I would like to know...
> What is the meaning of error#1 ??????

it is a game. If you waste your time trying to find out what "error # N"
means, you lose. If you disregard the number (which has basically no
meaning) and understand what causes the error, you win.

You lost :-)

>      from  read_namelists  : error #         1
>       reading namelist control

See here: http://www.pwscf.org/guide/3.0/html-node/node45.html
and http://www.pwscf.org/guide/3.0/html-node/node25.html towards
the end (option "-inp"). If nothing is wrong in namelist &control, the
only possible explanation is that you are not reading it.

P.
Paolo Giannozzi             e-mail:  giannozz at nest.sns.it