[Pw_forum] problem with ph.x

Paolo Giannozzi giannozz at nest.sns.it
Wed Jan 11 18:27:57 CET 2006

On Monday 09 January 2006 11:11, Gabriele Sclauzero wrote:

>  I tried to run "example06" in the examples that come with the 3.0
>  espresso package: the ph calculation works when using a single cpu,
>  but hangs up while calculating alas.dyn3 as soon as I try to use more
>  then 1 cpu.

there was a subtle bug in the phonon code that could lead to crashes
in parallel execution (and some loss of precision in serial execution).
Save the attached file to the root directory of the 3.0 distribution (the
one containing PH/) and use command "patch -p0 < phonon.diff". This
should produce a patched version of PH/phonon.f90 that fixes the
problem with example06.

I don't know about the second case, but I think that the 2.1.5 version
has the same problem (but needs a different fix)

Paolo
Paolo Giannozzi             e-mail:  giannozz at nest.sns.it