[Pw_forum] Compiling problem about PGI

Hai-Ping Lan hplan at pku.edu.cn
Thu Feb 16 14:27:24 CET 2006

Dear Colleagues:

  I tried to compile espresso-3.0 with PGI compilor 5.1 under RedHatWS-4.0 ,and the CPUs are AMD operon 248.
When i ran the shell command ./configure within ~/espresso-3.0/, and it gave information below:

The following libraries have been found:
  BLAS_LIBS=-lblas
  LAPACK_LIBS= -llapack
  FFT_LIBS=
Please check if that is correct.

If any libraries are missing, you may specify a list of directories
to search and retry, as follows:
  ./configure LIBDIRS="list of directories, separated by spaces"

Parallel environment detected successfully.
Configured for compilation of parallel executables.

Then i typed command "make all", but it gave errors below:

PGF90-S-0034-Syntax error at or near identifier iotk_str_clean (iotk_str_interf.F90: 257)
PGF90-S-0310-Missing ENDINTERFACE statement  (iotk_str_interf.F90: 259)
  0 inform,   0 warnings,   2 severes, 0 fatal for iotk_str_interf
make[2]: *** [iotk_str_interf.o] Error 2

i think these error may be due to PGI compilor because no problem occured when i use Intel ifort..
Would anyone help me out of these problems?

Best wishes,
Hai-Ping Lan
hplan at pku.edu.cn
2006-02-16