[Pw_forum] error using plotrho.x

Paolo Giannozzi giannozz at nest.sns.it
Thu Feb 2 11:50:53 CET 2006

On Wednesday 01 February 2006 18:53, Hande Ustunel wrote:

> The message below was posted a little while back and the reply was
> related to redirection issues. However, I'm running into an identical
> problem

if it is an "identical" problem, i.e. with the same error message, the
solution is also identical: it is a problem with input data. It cannot be
anything else: notice where the code stops, and "unit 5, stdin" :

> min, max, # of levels > forrtl: severe (59): list-directed I/O syntax
> error, unit 5, file stdin

I have used in the past that code to plot charge density differences,
so it works with negative numbers as well. One possible source of
trouble is the following: if the format of the data to be plotted (in
the input file) does not expect negative numbers, and if there is
a single space separating different numbers, this could be filled
by the "-" . This would cause for sure a failure when reading the
data file (unit 1, not unit 5)

Paolo

Paolo Giannozzi             e-mail:  giannozz at nest.sns.it