[Pw_forum] use doual core

Amin Babazadeh babazade at gmail.com
Mon Dec 11 19:06:39 CET 2006

Dear Axel
I did the the env MPIF90=mpif77 ./configure command and it works very good
and also i check the  -D__PARA  and more than it  i saw that at the end of
configuration it had been write the parallel computation detect.
I think that all of the thing is OK.
I am so appreciate your help.
best the wishes
amin

On 12/11/06, Axel Kohlmeyer <akohlmey at cmm.chem.upenn.edu> wrote:

> On Mon, 11 Dec 2006, Huiqun Zhou wrote:
>
> HZ> Amin,
> HZ>
> HZ> In addition to Axel's suggustions, you may need to add -D__MPI option
> too.
>
> true, but please note, that i suggested to look for -D__PARA as
> indicator that configure picked up the MPI library and recommended
> to re-run configure. that will make sure that _everything_ is set up
> properly (including preprocessing!). changing makefiles is ok, if
> you know what you are doing, but having configure do this for you
> is the safer way in 99% of the cases, especially for people with
> little experience in compiling research codes. ;-)
>
> cheers,
>   axel.
>

> HZ> Huiqun

> Axel Kohlmeyer   akohlmey at cmm.chem.upenn.edu   http://www.cmm.upenn.edu
>   Center for Molecular Modeling   --   University of Pennsylvania
> Department of Chemistry, 231 S.34th Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104-6323
> tel: 1-215-898-1582,  fax: 1-215-573-6233,  office-tel: 1-215-898-5425

AMIN