[Pw_forum] use doual core

Huiqun Zhou hqzhou at nju.edu.cn
Sat Dec 2 09:38:33 CET 2006

Amin,

Sorry, I was out of the town and had no access to my e-mail.

1. You can use anyone of MPI implemetations. But I recommend Intel MPI-2 because it's an
  installable binary, it saves you as a beginner a lot of time. If you cannot get a copy of that,
  use OpenMPI, a successor of LAM/MPI.
2. Basically, when you recompile MPI, you can add --prefix=/your/favourite/place to configure
3. You need C compiler to compile MPI. You need gcc too. I compiled MPI with icc + ifort.

Good luck!

Huiqun