[Pw_forum] PWSCF Netiquette: Please use some form of name / affiliation

Nicola Marzari marzari at MIT.EDU
Fri Aug 25 00:41:56 CEST 2006

Dear All,

a modest proposal - it would be great if people were to identify
themselves more explictly in these postings. This helps a lot in
understanding the user base, the environment, and just in getting to
know you personally.

Also, we all feel better in discussing with a person, than with an
email alias. Once I discovered that a poster was working in my same
building...

We all have concerns about privacy, and e-mail spam. To avoid that,
you can concoct simple rules so that your email address cannot
be harvested (e.g.  marzari at mit.edu could be transformed in
mit at marzari.edu, or anything like this), use a spamscreen, or
still use an email from a generic account, but at least put
your name and affiliation.

			nicola