[Pw_forum] Permanent Research Fellow position

Cyrille Barreteau cyrille.barreteau at cea.fr
Thu Aug 24 10:09:57 CEST 2006

A permanent Research Fellow position is available in the theoretical
group of /Modelisation of Surfaces, Interfaces and Nanostructures/
(MSIN) of the laboratory /Service de Physique et Chimie des Surfaces et
Interfaces /(SPCSI), at CEA-Saclay (http://www-drecam.cea.fr/spcsi/),
France.

*Profile:*
We are looking for an expert in ab-initio calculations (DFT-based
methods), having a strong expertise in coding and development of codes
and willing to apply such numerical techniques to the study  of
realistic systems in relation to electronic transport and/or excitations
in nano-objects (atomic contacts, single molecules, clusters).
The successful candidate will join the MSIN group and will be expected
to strongly interact with the members of the group, for example by
(i) implementing new theoretical approaches developed in our group,
(ii) using ab-initio calculations to extract relevant parameters for
model Hamiltonians,
(iii) developing codes for nanoscale electronic transport.
The successful candidate will then strengthen the existing research
activities of our group and will also be expected to develop
collaborations with experimental groups of SPCSI on the following topics:
- quantum transport in nanostructures and molecular nanojunctions,
- electronic and optical excitation spectroscopies in nanoscale objects,
- interaction and organization at the molecule/surface interface.

*Background: *
The applicants should hold a PhD, have postdoctoral research experience
and should have a proven track-record of cutting-edge research (in
theoretical condensed-matter physics / chemistry, or a related field),
including an ability to interact effectively within a research team
involving experimentalists as well as other theoreticians.

Interested candidates are expected to send:
    (1)   Full CV
    (2)   List of publications.

To Dr C. Barreteau (cyrille.barreteau at cea.fr) and Dr H. Ness
(herve.ness at cea.fr).
Informal enquiries are welcome and may be addressed to C. Barreteau and
H. Ness.

Cyrille Barreteau

CEA Saclay DSM/DRECAM/SPCSI

Batiment 462