[Pw_forum] pw.x not able to specity initial ion velocities

Konstantin Kudin konstantin_kudin at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 23 18:53:28 CEST 2006

 Actually, the velocity input appears to be almost purely unsupported.
Consider these lines in read_cards.f90 :

       ELSE IF ( TRIM(card) == 'ATOMIC_VELOCITIES' ) THEN
          !
          CALL card_ion_velocities( input_line )
          IF ( ( prog == 'PW' .OR. prog == 'CP' ) .AND. ionode ) &
             WRITE( stdout,'(A)') 'Warning: card '//trim(input_line)//'
ignored'

 What this piece of code is saying is that for either PW or CP the
ATOMIC_VELOCITIES card is ignored (when is it supported then?). While
this of course does not guarantee that this message is reliable, my own
experience with trying to input velocities into CP seems to confirm the
lack of such functionality.

 Kostya