[Pw_forum] help: free energy

Stefano Baroni baroni at sissa.it
Wed Aug 23 16:05:29 CEST 2006

Dear Yu Hailin,

I was rather confused by the units of your 10-lines code, so I took
the liberty to re-write it in a way which, I hope, will allow you to
check more easily the units. Here it is. When run onto your data, it
reproduces the free energy of Fig. 3 of our paper.

Regards - Stefano B.

On Aug 23, 2006, at 10:06 AM, hailin yu wrote:

> Dear Eyvaz:
>      Dear Eyvaz, can you give me the codes to calculate
> thermodynamic properties? I did't find the post of Stefano refered.
>    Thanks!
>
> Dear all:
>     I give the phonon density of states of alpha-Sn which I
> attained using PWSCF ( and I sure it's correctly) in the attach
> ( The frequency unit is cm-1). I have used the Equ(3)( Chem. Phys.
> Lett. 417,272-276(2005)) to calculate the free energy and I am sure
> the units is right. But, as previously mentioned, my results is too
> large compared with previously work. So I hope someone can compute
> the free energy and tell what's wrong.
> Thanks a lot!
> yuhailin

> Don't just search. Find. Check out the new MSN Search! http://
> search.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200636ave/direct/01/
> <aSndos.dat>

---
Stefano Baroni - SISSA  &  DEMOCRITOS National Simulation Center -
Trieste
[+39] 040 3787 406 (tel) -528 (fax) / stefanobaroni (skype)