[Pw_forum] error during compilatio

Matteo Cococcioni matteoc at MIT.EDU
Wed Aug 16 00:14:03 CEST 2006

Dear all,

I am trying to compile the code on a MacBook laptop (running Mac OS X but with
an intel processor) and I'm experiencing some troubles. I'm using the intel
compiler for Mac OS X (temporary licence) and here is what I did (aftr
installing Xcode containing gcc and the command "make"):

1) since straight configure doesn't recognize the architecture I've used
./configure.old pc_ifc

2) I tried to adapt the obtained make.sys using as a model the make.sys that
works fine on a regular linux pc. The result is attached to this email.

I think I got pretty close to compile pwscf. But at the end it gives the
following error:

ld: Undefined symbols:
_errore_
_ylmr2_
_dylmr2_
_simpson_
_zgefa_
_zgedi_
_sph_bes_
_sph_dbes_
_erf_
_flush_unit_
_int_to_char_
_invmat_
_infomsg_
.
.
.
_iotk_write_dat_character1_0_
_iotk_write_attr_integer1_0_
_iotk_write_attr_integer1_1_
_iotk_write_dat_logical1_0_
_iotk_write_attr_integer1_2_
_iotk_write_attr_real2_0_
_iotk_write_dat_complex2_1_
_iotk_scan_dat_complex2_1_
make[1]: *** [pw.x] Error 1
make: *** [pw] Error 2

which I don't know how to solve. Does anybody have any idea/experience about it?
Of course it's not urgent problem to solve, but maybe this could help having the
make.sys for another kind of architecture.
By the way: the compiler seems to be affected by an internal error which one
finds trying to compile cp (make cp). But the issue with the compilation of pw
seems to be unrelated to that.

I would appreciate any help/suggestion/comment. Thank you.

Matteo