[Pw_forum] Re: Woodcrest vs Opteron performance in pwscf calc.

Huiqun Zhou hqzhou at nju.edu.cn
Wed Aug 9 13:22:06 CEST 2006

Kostya and list-users,

Thanks for your comment and recommendation. Considering the
price/performance
of machines with dempsey and woodcrest, dempsey may be a good choice too,
especially if you have no problem to pay the electricity bill ;-)

You mentioned NUMA enabling on opteron machines, I wonder if it's a default
function of kernel 2.6.9-xx. If it's not, I need to turn it on in
re-configuration of
the kernel and recompile, right?

Thanks,

Huiqun