[Pw_forum] a question about phonon dos

Eyvaz Isaev eyvaz_isaev at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 4 00:36:13 CEST 2006

Hi,

For the tetrahedra method please find a paper of
Blochl, Jepsen, and Andersen in Phys.Rev. B49,16223
(1994), and then an original paper of Lehman and Taut
(see references in the abovementioned ref.).

If you have a noncubic system you can use special
k-points technique with a broadening scheme you like.
See PRB13, 5188. For an additional information please
have a look at /Doc/INPUT_PW file (section K_POINTS).

Bests,
Eyvaz.