[Pw_forum] Re: Woodcrest vs Opteron performance in pwscf calc.

Alexander Shaposhnikov shaposh at isp.nsc.ru
Wed Aug 2 12:46:28 CEST 2006

Thanks for the answer.
I don't think this topic is relevant to the PW_forum goals.

Could you send me the job's input file ? I'd like to test this and
compare with my own Opteron system. We have several Opteron machines,
and if the performance difference is really that big, probably its the
time to move on to the new platform. But my experience with the prev.
generation of Intel processors showed, that Opteron is faster is most
cases, especially then it comes to multi-threaded calculations.

Best Regards,
A. Shaposhnikov