[Pw_forum] Re: Question on supercell calculation of MgB2

Eyvaz Isaev eyvaz_isaev at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 30 14:45:34 CEST 2005

Hi,

By default the number of bands, nbnd, used for
integration over the BZ is
Number_of_valence_electrons*(1/2 + 1/5) (i.e.
additional 20% of bands number).
For "nelec" see your output file.
During integration over the BZ ef for some reason
became higher then the largest energy for a given
k-point (e_k(nbnd)), because you have not enough
number of bands, nbnd, so that you have a leak of
electrons.

Bests,
Eyvaz.