[Pw_forum] electron-phonon coupling

Paolo Giannozzi giannozz at nest.sns.it
Fri Sep 23 10:18:00 CEST 2005

On Thursday 22 September 2005 18:09, Massimiliano Bonomi wrote:

> In case of a very very flat phonon dispersion curve, do you think
> i can approximate lambda as a constant as a function of q, in order
> to get an extimate of lambda only evaluating it at Gamma point??

it might work; in order to be sure you should compare the results of
approximate formulations of  the electron phonon coefficients, that
are valid for molecular solids, with the results of a full calculation.
Some work on electron-phonon coefficients in cluster-assembled
materials has been done in Milan at Material Science: see for instance
the PhD thesis of Ivan Spagnolatti.

Paolo

Paolo Giannozzi             e-mail:  giannozz at nest.sns.it