[Pw_forum] Electron-Phonon: Two questions

Miguel Martínez Canales wmbmacam at lg.ehu.es
Thu Sep 22 16:34:29 CEST 2005

Dear people,

I am doing a "warm up" electron-phonon calculation with Al. I am basically
looking for convergence and similar issues (i.e. gaussian broadening). I
have the following issues (v2.1.3 & v.2.1.5):

- One of the calculations, although it yields results, gives me the
following error message:

      task #         0
      from set_kplusq : error #         0
      too many k points

should I be worried? The loop at set_kplusq.f90 doesn't stop with this
error message. Is this correct?

- On the second non-selfconsistent run, with a dense grid (32 32 32 and
higher) sometimes kpoint counting surpasses k(9999) and k(****) follows. Is
this the source of the previous error? Is this normal?

- I am also seeing some davcio errors, maybe these are related maybe not.
If anyone wants the input file, I'd be glad to put it.

Although I wouldn't bet my life, it seems that the program is well
compiled, as examples seem to run just fine.

Thanks in advance,

Miguel

Miguel Martínez Canales
    Dto. Física de la Materia Condensada