[Pw_forum] SCF convergency

Jun-jun Yang yang_jun-jun at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 31 14:38:56 CET 2005

Eyvaz and list users,

Thank you for your timely response.

I changed some of the parameters, and now the calculation converges within
50 iterations (conv_thr=1.0e-6). But I noticed that the total energy is a
little higher than before (-5807 Ry
vs. -5865 Ry). It seems that it's most likely a local minimum. Should I
decrease the convergence
threshold to 1e-7 or 1e-8? Probably, I need to start the calculation from
another point to avoid
the local minimum. How can we do this in PWScf?

In my calculation, as you suggested, I set start_magnetization to 0.9 for
Fe, but I really don't
know what number I should give for Cr. I just set 0.9 for Cr, 0.0 for O. Are
there any guideline
to set these values?

Regards,

Yang, Jun-jun