[Pw_forum] installation of version2.1.5

Gerardo Ballabio g.ballabio at cineca.it
Thu Oct 20 14:44:02 CEST 2005

On 10/19/2005 10:18:45 PM, stargmoon wrote:
> WARNING: the following problems were detected:
>
>  unsupported C/Fortran compilers combination:
>  CC=pgcc, F77=mpif77, F90=mpif90
>
> you may not be able to compile this program

"Unsupported" doesn't mean "doesn't work". It means "not known to
work", but that could be just because nobody has tried yet (or
someone has tried, but hasn't told us). Actually if your "mpif90"
wraps pgf90, it will most likely work. Please try.

> I tried to specify the compiler by running ./compiler
> F90=g77 CC=gcc then, I got:

g77 by contrast is known NOT to be able to compile Espresso. You need
a real Fortran 90 compiler.

Gerardo